F. Lawrence Hart
Graphic Designer and Audio Engineer. Professional background as Resident Graphic Designer for several Chicago Theaters. Audio Engineer at a major Advertising Agency. Skilled in the conceptual collaborative process, bringing focus to strategic ideas in different media.
Take It To Hart
Designing Theatrical Posters and brochures for Chicago Theaters, including designs for John Malkovich at Steppenwolf and Edward Albee at Touchstone; cassette and CD packaging for Voice Over talent. Web Design for Leo Burnett Audio Recording.
· Resident Graphics Designer for Next Theater.
· Resident Graphics Designer for Pary Productions.
· Poster and Season Brochure Design for Victory Gardens Theater.
Poster Design for Chicago Theaters Including:
Specializing in postproduction for television and radio commercials. Responsibility focused on the creative process, working closely with producers and copy writers to explore and enhance fresh execution of their ideas.
Recording Television, Radio Commercials and Demos for Clients Including:
Mc Donald’s, United Airlines, Allstate, Oldsmobile, Kellogg’s, Miller, Morgan Stanley, Reebok, Procter & Gamble, Nintendo, Green Giant, Vidal Sassoon, Polaroid, Glad, Noxzema, Keebler, Philip Morris, Maytag, Hallmark, Nestle, Tropicana, Walt Disney, Heinz, Coca-Cola, 7-Up, Sony, Pillsbury, Seat Belts, Amoco, ComEd, Tums, Toys R Us, Schlitz, Ameritech, KFC.
· Engineer for Universal Recording Studio 10.
Designed and installed Burnett Studio 13 in
· Instrumental in transitioning the Audio Department from the multi-track analog world to a cutting edge digital competitor on the Spectral Synthesis Platform.
· Upgraded from a PC Spectral Synthesis system to a MAC/Digidesign ProTools TDM system.
Off Loop Theaters
Theatrical Sound Designer
Collaborating with Directors and
Designers in many Chicago Theaters including: Steppenwolf Theater, Next, Body
Politic, Pegasus, Lifeline, Pary Production Company, Bailiwick,
· Resident Sound Designer for Pary Productions.
· Resident Sound Designer for Touchstone / Organic Theater.
· Resident Sound Designer for Next Theater.
· Joseph Jefferson award for Sound Design “Hot House” for Steppenwolf Theater.
· Joseph Jefferson citation for Sound Design “Execution of Justice” for Bailiwick
Graduate of Goodman Theater, working with Tennessee Williams, James Earl Jones, Howard DaSilva, Morris Carnovisky, Len Carriou, and Eugenie Leontovich. A founding member of Kingston Mines Theater and instrumental in developing the off-loop theater movement. Directing and producing for Pary Productions, acting with Adain Quinn and cast by Edward Albee in a production of “Tiny Alice”.
· Joseph Jefferson nomination for Actor/ Phil Hogan in “Moon for the Misbegotten” by Eugene O’Neill at Touchstone Theater.
· Producing Artistic Director for Pary Productions
Art Institute/Goodman Theater of Drama
Associate Degree: Theater
PC and MAC Platforms.